Saturday, March 29, 2008

Thursday finishes with a tie!




Thanks everyone for another good year of Hockey!
Thank you Maurice for Blowing the whistle and a job well done!
Mark, Matt, and Michael great job! Everyone appreciates your superb attendance!
A good group of Goalies is key and you're the best! Thanks!
Special thanks to Tony and Willy for their efforts to bring water / pucks most every night!

I spoke about the future of Over 30 Hockey on our last Thursday night and will share my thoughts with the Monday night group as well.
Most of us all know about the LG Forum tax problems and the Civic Center change with management.
At this point in time everything is up in the air and I'm not sure how things are going to play out for next year!
I will do my best to keep Over 30 Hockey alive and hopefully keep the same schedule that we have had over the years. I will be honest with you all, if they push Over 30 Hockey to a later time in the night I will resign and someone else will have to run the league.
I will share my talks with the new management with you all and post all of the news on the Blog.
So keep checking the blog through the Summer and hopefully we will play Hockey next year!
I have noticed that some of you have wrist or hand injuries.
Do the Blog pictures have anything to do with this? Ha-ha!

Matter of Perspective
Two boys are playing hockey on a pond in the park in Toronto, when one is attacked by a rabid Rottweiler. Thinking quickly, the other boy takes his stick, wedges it down the dog's collar and twists, breaking the dog's neck. A reporter who was strolling by sees the incident, and rushes over to interview the boy. "Young Leafs Fan Saves Friend From Vicious Animal," he starts writing in his notebook. "But I'm not a Leafs fan," the little hero replied. "Sorry, since we are in Toronto, I just assumed you were," said the reporter and starts again. "Little Jays Fan Rescues Friend From Horrific Attack" he continued writing in his notebook. "I'm not a Jays fan either," the boy said. "I assumed everyone in Toronto was either a Leafs or Jays fan. "What team, do you root for?" the reporter asked. "I'm a Boston Bruins fan." the child said. The reporter starts a new sheet in his notebook and writes, "Little Bastard from Boston Kills Beloved Family Pet."

No comments: